Thanks! But, needs work.

Thank you so much for the subscription option! I signed up right away. However, it does not work consistently. Some searches have no ads, some still have ads. I suspect that some aspect of authentication is timing out because it usually happens after we've been gaming for a couple of hours.

Comments

• Hiya,

Unfortunately we don't currently host our own search pages - we simply call Google's custom search, where Google insert ads themselves as they do on any other Google search :(

- Matt

• Hmm. So what ads does the subscription suppress?
  • Yeah so I recently became a paid member, and I thought it was suppressing those horrible popup videos, but now it seems like they are back. What am I paying for?

• edited August 2020
    @happytripper7   - taking a look at this for you - can you let me know which web browser you're using, please? (also, I've just given the ad removal script a poke which should make it run a few extra checks, so let me know if that's fixed it for you please!)
  • @nyaera - the ads that get removed are all the third-party ads on our sites (with the occasional glitch as evidenced by happytripper7 that we try to fix asap).  Unfortunately we can't control ads on sites we link to, such as Google.
  • matt said:
    @happytripper7   - taking a look at this for you - can you let me know which web browser you're using, please? (also, I've just given the ad removal script a poke which should make it run a few extra checks, so let me know if that's fixed it for you please!)
    I'm using Chrome. The suppression of the popup videos appears to be working again, like I remember it when I first signed up.

Thank you for your help.