Wonderful Villains, Everyone

edited July 2018 in DesignFinder Chat
I'm going through all the villains from the Top 8, and I'm very happy with the diverse approaches everyone took to the villains. These are all great, and I could see them appearing in a villain-style codex.

Hopefully, my comments don't seem overly harsh, but I needed to make a distinction between the three villains I recommended and the villains I couldn't quite recommend.

I can't wait for all our voters to see what the Top 8 have done. Kudos!

Comments

• As a small teaser, I will tell you The Obsidian Spider and The Embracing Bower/Skinfin Grotto were the most popular locations for the Top 8.
  • I'm also impressed with the variety of villains, and with the daring choices some of the contestants have made. I'm perhaps less concerned about sounding harsh, but I'm aiming to provide criticism that's constructive.

I think any of the villains I've seen so far sit well at the center of exciting adventures--these contestants made the Top 8 for a reason!
  • mdwelham said:
    As a small teaser, I will tell you The Obsidian Spider and The Embracing Bower/Skinfin Grotto were the most popular locations for the Top 8.
    Yay! I adore seeing people do stuff in my sandbox. Cant wait to see what they came up with!
  • Awesome, I can't wait to see all the other villains everyone has come up. I did love your map entry @nykidemus and I'm glad we'll get to see multiple villains for it. Should be fun!
  • Thanks! It's my first time doing anything other than whipping stuff up for my home game, but it was quite fun. 
  • nykidemus said:
    Thanks! It's my first time doing anything other than whipping stuff up for my home game, but it was quite fun. 
    That's the place most of us started! :-)
  • Let me add in that I at least found it really difficult to give my final recommendations to advance or not. It really was splitting hairs in a lot of cases, I think. We've got only two of the eight that had unanimous recommendations (one to advance, one not to), so I'm very curious to see what the voters decide.