Character Build Help

Hello!!
I am hoping for some assistance in building a character for a new campaign. I have discussed it with the DM and he is interested in how I would accomplish it.
The concept is simple enough; Gnome Piloting a Clockwork Suit of Armor.
Without the armor the gnome is a very intelligent individual but is too weak to move much on his own.
With the armor he is significantly stronger and durable.

I'm trying to find a class that would allow something like this as I know there are a lot of archetypes out there including a few that involve constructs and companions... but, I'm overwhelmed with all the options.

Does anyone know of any class or archetype that could make this work? Maybe even a class that has something workable but just changes flavor?

Or any other ideas outside of class?

Comments

• A couple options exist that I've helped put together. The closest way to do it would be with Play Manga d20. The mech pilot class allows you to do exactly what you want and can be done in a fantasy setting. The difference is that the class is structured around the point system of that setting that might have more freedom than you want as a newer/more experimental player.

The gearbreaker class from The Book of Many Things Campaign Content also has this option in a more traditional, PF1 format. You build up your suit of armor over time.

Finally, and assuming you're restricted to Paizo content only (which will be very restrictive, but not impossible), you can reflavor a gnome summoner/synthesis summoner into a character in their mech.

TLDR, it's entirely possible based on how much you're allowed and how willing you are to have fiddly bits to play with. Hope that helps.
  • Bound to paizo content, but that Synthesis Summoner looks exactly like what I need! Thank you very much ❤️